Industrial property giant Goodman has continued striving forward in Japan, with significant pre-leasing activity across its projects.
Goodman Obu, Nagoya
- 4-storey ramp up, 51,000 sqm, high specification logistics facility.
- Construction completed November 2014.
- Substantially pre-leased prior to completion to multiple Japanese customers, with advanced negotiations underway for the remaining space expected to conclude shortly.
Goodman Mizue, Tokyo Bay
- 4-storey ramp up, 60,000 sqm, high specification logistics facility.
- On schedule for construction completion in December 2014.
- 100% leased prior to completion to a leading Japanese furniture retailer.
Goodman Ichikawa, Tokyo Bay
- 4-storey ramp up, 65,000 sqm, high specification logistics facility.
- On schedule for construction completion in the first half of 2015.
- Pre-lease over 25% of the available space executed with a leading Japanese 3PL, with letters of intent received from further customers over 1.5 times the remaining space.
Goodman Business Park Chiba, Tokyo
Launch of a unique, large scale, modern, master-planned, multi-use logistics and business park, which on completion of the multi-stage project will have an end value in excess of US$1 billion across multiple buildings.
Located in Chiba New Town, an inland high population growth corridor in Greater Tokyo.
To be strategically developed in stages by the Goodman Japan Development Partnership over the medium-term in response to customer demand.
Construction commencement of the first stage of the project – Goodman Business Park Chiba East, a 120,000 sqm, 4-storey ramp up, multi-customer, high specification logistics facility, which has been 25% pre-leased to a leading Japanese 3PL with construction completion scheduled for March 2016.
Goodman’s group chief executive officer Greg Goodman said: “Our team in Japan continues to successfully execute its development-led approach. With the off-market acquisition of prime sites in strategic locations, development of world-class logistics facilities and strong pre-leasing activity, we are able to provide ongoing growth opportunities for our investment partners in the Goodman Japan Core Fund. The launch of Goodman Business Park Chiba today, with a 25% pre-lease over the first stage, also provides the Goodman Japan Development Partnership with an attractive pipeline of opportunities to develop in the medium-term in response to significant customer demand.”